Plano East Lacrosse is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of head coach for its Division II varsity program. We are seeking candidates who have solid experience with coaching and program administration at the high school or college level. The successful candidate will be required to serve not only as the head coach of this established program, but also as the Director of Youth Lacrosse for 3rd grade – 8th grade teams. This is a part time seasonal position.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate with players as well as with the Lacrosse Board, parents, other coaches and boosters. You will be expected to serve as a role model. We are seeking a coach who can lead by example and demonstrate a positive attitude towards participants in the program.
Essential Duties Include:
1. Teaches and coaches the fundamentals of lacrosse, good sportsmanship, leadership, fair play, the importance of academics, and relates to and inspires confidence in students.
2. Works with the board of directors in the organization and development of a top tier program with a qualified coaching staff.
3. Organizes initial and ongoing team meetings and works with the board of directors to establish team rules, procedures, and policies and consistently and fairly monitors and enforces the same.
4. Supervises regular practice sessions and games and is responsible for the conduct of participants and coaches at practices, games (before, during and after), and while traveling as a member of the team.
5. Leads the players and coaches in developing and instituting game day strategies appropriate to the competition.
6. Assists the Board in scheduling games, contests and tournaments.
7. Accompanies the team on all out-of-town games and tournaments.
8. Abides by and enforces applicable polices on tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
9. Responsible for representing program at THSLL events.
10. Attends coaches’ meetings when called or scheduled and attends board meetings as appropriate.
11. Assists and counsels players in the planning and decisions regarding post- high school lacrosse college opportunities to include writing letters of recommendation if requested.
Submit a detailed resume with references and salary requirement to Jeff Leach (email@example.com)