Plano East Lacrosse is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of head coach for its Division II varsity program. We are seeking candidates who have solid experience with coaching and program administration at the high school or college level. The successful candidate will be required to serve not only as the head coach of this established program, but also as the Director of Youth Lacrosse for 3rd grade – 8th grade teams. This is a part time seasonal position.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate with players as well as with the Lacrosse Board, parents, other coaches and boosters. You will be expected to serve as a role model. We are seeking a coach who can lead by example and demonstrate a positive attitude towards participants in the program.
Essential Duties Include:
1. Teaches and coaches the fundamentals of lacrosse, good sportsmanship, leadership, fair play, the importance of academics, and relates to and inspires confidence in students.
2. Works with the board of directors in the organization and development of a top tier program with a qualified coaching staff.
3. Organizes initial and ongoing team meetings and works with the board of directors to establish team rules, procedures, and policies and consistently and fairly monitors and enforces the same.
4. Supervises regular practice sessions and games and is responsible for the conduct of participants and coaches at practices, games (before, during and after), and while traveling as a member of the team.
5. Leads the players and coaches in developing and instituting game day strategies appropriate to the competition.
6. Assists the Board in scheduling games, contests and tournaments.
7. Accompanies the team on all out-of-town games and tournaments.
8. Abides by and enforces applicable polices on tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
9. Responsible for representing program at THSLL events.
10. Attends coaches’ meetings when called or scheduled and attends board meetings as appropriate.
11. Assists and counsels players in the planning and decisions regarding post- high school lacrosse college opportunities to include writing letters of recommendation if requested.
Submit a detailed resume with references and salary requirement to Jeff Leach (email@example.com)
Cedar Ridge High School (Round Rock, TX)
Boys' Head Coach Available: 2014-2015. Deadline: May 10, 2014. Position Description: Cedar Ridge High School is looking for an experienced lacrosse coach to lead its lacrosse program and continue the momentum it has after just 3 seasons. The Raiders play within the Texas High School Lacrosse League (THSLL) Central Division II. The varsity team is ranked in the Top 10 in the state of Texas (4/16 DII Laxpower.com ranking) and finished in first place in District play. The Varsity program plays a schedule of 15-18 games and the JV program plays 12-15 games.
Candidates should have a passion for the sport and interest in building a highly competitive program. Applicants should be knowledgeable of the fundamentals and have a love for teaching the game. Experience coaching at high school or playing/coaching at college level is required. This is currently an off-campus stipend position. In addition to direct coaching of the high school teams, the role will require leadership skills necessary to recruit, develop, and manage paid and volunteer coaching staff necessary to continue the growth of the program. All Coaches must be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified, CPR/AED and Emergency Medicine Certified and take the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching online class including Concussion Management. Candidate must be available all seasons including summer to host camps, tournaments, and recruiting activities.
Negotiable. Additional income opportunities dependent upon recruitment (boys and girls), summer camps, tournaments, and sponsorship.
1. To oversee the entire lacrosse program including coaching staff. The head coach will work in coordination with the Booster Club Board. Head Coach will also develop a team culture and ensure continuity between JV and Varsity.
2. To be a role model in all settings and foster an environment of respect, tolerance, integrity and responsibility.
3. To exemplify a sense of professionalism at all times which includes game and practice times, with opponents, parents, faculty, staff, and administration.
4. Work with the CRHS Athletic Director to reserve practice and game field space. Work with the Faculty Sponsor to ensure compliance with No Pass, No Play. Submit documentation for players participating in OCPE.
5. To encourage participation and interest within the campus student body as well as the student body at feeder elementary and middle schools.
6. To adhere to all rules and regulations stated in the Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse Bylaws, THSLL Rulebook and RRISD Athletic Handbook.
7. To enhance and refine fundamental skills and game strategies
8. Attend all required meetings or events for Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse Booster Club and the RRISD athletic department.
9. Promote the development and enhancement of qualities of sportsmanship, leadership, loyalty and commitment
10. To support and promote individual players in pursuing opportunities to play beyond the high school level.
Cedar Ridge High School Lacrosse is seeking a passionate, energetic individual who strives to build a highly competitive and challenging program for the Cedar Ridge student-athletes while supporting the school’s mission statement. Cedar Ridge Lacrosse is committed to offering a rewarding experience for the students while maintaining high academic standards. A Cedar Ridge Lacrosse coach is an individual who seeks excellence on a daily basis while teaching life skills that will benefit the student-athletes within the program for many years to come.
Contact for application and information: Mike Bonicoro, Director of Player Development, Phone: (512) 809-3032 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse Coach and Grades 7-12 Program Director
Fort Worth Country Day, an independent K-12 college-preparatory school located in southwest Fort Worth, Texas, is in search of a varsity boys’ lacrosse coach and grades 7-12 program director to oversee instruction of student-athletes on a variety of completive teams. Students who comprise the teams practice daily on the FWCD campus after school ends during the spring sports season, and the teams compete in after-school contests approximately twice a week at various locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
The person filling this position is expected to provide expert technical, strategic and competitive instruction to both beginning and experienced student-athletes. The ideal candidate will also understand and embrace the School’s core values (integrity, kindness, courage, respect, responsibility and scholarship) and positive community relationships that define the Fort Worth Country Day culture.
Pay is commensurate with experience and knowledge. Resumes should be directed to Fort Worth Country Day Office of Human Resources, 4200 Country Day Lane, Fort Worth, TX 76107; Attention: Frank Gendusa, Athletic Director.
St. Michael’s is a small program that stays competitive and has the full support of the school including all facilities for the players.
We are seeking a level-headed coach that can work well with athletes that have never played before.
Lacrosse has recently become a more popular sport to play at the school because the kids enjoy playing the game, so we are seeking a coach that can maintain the same positive attitude. Anyone that is interested, please contact head coach Rudy Perales (email@example.com or 512-826-7323) for more details.