Memorial Boys Lacrosse D1 Head Coach Position
The Memorial Boys Lacrosse club is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of head coach for its Division I Varsity Lacrosse program. We are seeking candidates who have solid experience with coaching and program administration at the high school or college level. The successful candidate will be required to serve not only as the head coach of this established program, but also as the primary focal point and liaison with THSLL, other high school coaches and with the youth leagues that feed into Memorial Boy’s Lacrosse program. You will be working with and leading a team of 6-8 coaches and approximately 70 players.
The successful candidate must be a natural communicator who can relate to players from freshman to seniors, as well as with the Memorial Boys Lacrosse Board, parents, other coaches, boosters, the youth lacrosse organization and the high school administration. You will be expected to serve as a role model. We are seeking a coach who can lead by example and demonstrate a positive attitude towards participants in the program and who understands the influence he will have on players.
Coaches are evaluated annually not only on their knowledge of the game, but also based upon the above skills. Preferred applicants will have a bachelor’s degree, a pedigree in lacrosse and willingness to become familiar with UIL and THSLL policies.
Essential Duties Include:
1. Teach and coach the varsity to play at the highest levels of D1 lacrosse in Texas. Direct the JV coaches to teach the fundamentals of lacrosse to prepare them to excel at the next level. The head coach will be responsible for instilling good sportsmanship, leadership, fair play, the importance of academics to the players and be able to relate and inspire confidence in students.
2. Works with the board of directors in the organization and development of a top tier program with a qualified coaching staff.
3. Organizes initial and ongoing team meetings and establishes team rules, procedures, and policies and consistently and fairly monitors and enforces the same.
4. Supervises regular practice sessions and games and is responsible for the conduct of participants and coaches at practices, games (before, during and after), and while traveling as a member of the team.
5. Leads the players and coaches in developing and instituting game day strategies appropriate to the competition.
6. With the assistance of the board of directors, schedule games, contests, tournaments and spring break games/events.
7. Accompanies the team on all out-of-town games and tournaments.
8. Abides by and enforces applicable polices on tobacco, alcohol and drugs.
9. Responsible for representing program at THSLL events.
10. Attends coaches’ meetings when called or scheduled and attends board meetings as appropriate.
11. Participates in fund raising efforts, outreach to other lacrosse organizations and represents the program at high school events.
12. Assists and counsels players in the planning and decisions regarding post- high school lacrosse college opportunities to include writing letters of recommendation if requested.
13. As necessary, provides emergency medical treatment to players and coaches. CPR certification will be required.
Conditions of Employment
The successful applicant for the position of head coach of the Memorial Boys Lacrosse Program must consent to and undergo an extensive background check as determined by the board of directors of the organization. Submit your resume, salary requirements and several coaching references (to include parents from previous programs and coaches from the same division) to Monty Echols mailto:email@example.com.
Varsity Assistant Coaches
JV Head Coach
JV Assistant Coach
Lake Travis High School is the only high school in the LTISD. Lake Travis is known for excellent academics, athletic programs, and facilities. Currently Lake Travis has approximately 2400 students and is growing every day. The high school lacrosse program is supported by a strong youth program where all the players are feeds into the high school and an executive board who strives to support the coaches and players with their needs to develop a competitive program.
The high school team will be beginning its 8th year and third season in THSLL Central Division I. There are approximately 50 players with a JV and Varsity squad. Our head coach is a teacher at the high school which allows him to have constant communication with the school district and players.
Lake Travis is looking for coaches with playing and/or coaching experience who desire to create not just athletes, but young men with character, integrity and respect. Our players and coaches are expected to be exemplary stewards of our program.
Planning and implementing practices and game strategies
Communicating with players and parents
Working with the head coach to develop a cohesive program
For information please contact John Maggio, President Lake Travis Lacrosse. 512.750.0888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach position is available at Westwood High School. The DI program has a strong current cadre of players, the lacrosse community in the area is growing rapidly and the program is positioned well for continued success and growth. In addition to the Head Coaching responsibilities of the Varsity team, the position is responsible for managing the JV team. Compensation is negotiable with additional income opportunities available with club programs, youth programs, and private lessons.
Successful candidates have:
· College lacrosse experience
Coaching experience at the HS level
A passion for the game that is contagious to the players and the entire lacrosse community·
A positive coaching style that develops both lacrosse skills and leadership skills
· Steve Lawton, Former President Westwood Lacrosse 2013-14, (512) 825-3075, email@example.com or Mike Tipps, Current President Westwood Lacrosse 2014-15, (512) 576-2413 firstname.lastname@example.org . · www.westwoodlax.org
Copyright © - All Rights Reserved - Texas High School Lacrosse League