Smithson Valley Lacrosse Club
Position: Smithson Valley Varsity Head Coach (SV Lacrosse is also looking for Assistant Coaches at the High School level and Head Coaches/Assistants at the Middle School level. If interested in these other positions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org )
Overview: The Smithson Valley Lacrosse Club is a full K-12 program looking to hire a head coach for the High School boys lacrosse team. We are a D-2 program in South Central Texas and starting our 3rd year of development as a high school program. We are seeking a high school level head coach to actively continue the growth of this program.
Requirements: Candidates should have a passion for the sport and interest in building a highly competitive program. Applicants should be knowledgeable of the fundamentals and have a love for teaching the game. Experience coaching at high school or playing/coaching at college level is required. This position is an off-campus stipend position. In addition to direct coaching of the high school teams, the role will require leadership skills necessary to recruit, develop, and manage paid and volunteer coaching staff necessary to continue the growth of the program. All Coaches must be US Lacrosse Level 1 Certified, CPR/AED and Emergency Medicine Certified and take the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching online class including Concussion Management.
Candidate must be available all seasons including summer to host camps, tournaments, and recruiting activities.
Compensation:Negotiable. Additional income opportunities are dependent upon recruitment, summer camps, tournaments, and sponsorships.
1. The head coach will work in coordination with the SV Lacrosse Board. Head coach will develop a coaches training program that will ensure a positive culture and ensure continuity for all teams, K thru 12th grade.
2. To be a role model in all settings and foster an environment of respect, tolerance, integrity and responsibility.
3. To exemplify a sense of professionalism at all times which includes game and practice times, with opponents, parents, faculty, staff, and administration.
4. Schedule all Varsity and JV games, in and out of district, and work with coaching staff to coordinate the use of practice and game fields.
5. To adhere to all rules and regulations stated in the Smithson Valley Lacrosse Club Code of Conduct, SV Lacrosse Bylaws and THSLL Rulebook.
6. To have a passion for his players to be sound fundamentally through practicing, enhancing and refining fundamental skills and game strategies.
7. Promote the development and enhancement of qualities of sportsmanship, leadership, loyalty and commitment.
8. To support and promote individual players in pursuing opportunities to play beyond the high school level.
Fundamental Philosophy: Smithson Valley Lacrosse is seeking a passionate, energetic individual who strives to build a highly competitive and challenging program for the Smithson Valley area student-athletes. Smithson Valley Lacrosse is committed to offering a rewarding experience for the students while maintaining high academic standards. A Smithson Valley Lacrosse coach is an individual who seeks excellence on a daily basis while teaching life skills that will benefit the student-athletes within the program for many years to come.
Please send inquiries, resumes and references to email@example.com